Judith E. Reich advises clients on corporate finance, bankruptcy and creditor-debtor relations law. She is a managing partner of the firm.
Judy counsels public and private companies in connection with senior and subordinated debt facilities and receivables financing, including factoring transactions and securitizations and the issuance of true sale and non-consolidation opinions. She also represents a number of private equity investors in structuring, negotiating and documenting financing agreements with senior and subordinated lenders usually in connection with the acquisition of portfolio companies.
Judy represents lenders in a wide array of commercial loan transactions, from widely syndicated, multicurrency credit facilities to fully secured asset-based loans. Judy also represents subordinated lenders in second lien and mezzanine financing transactions negotiating note and equity purchase agreements, warrants and intercreditor agreements. She advises lenders on structuring and collateral issues.
She also has significant experience representing secured and unsecured lenders, trade creditors and debtors in out-of-court workouts and restructurings, and in the bankruptcy courts for the District of New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented Urban Outfitters, Inc. and its Subsidiaries in a $400 million asset-based revolving credit facility with a $150 million accordion with JPMorgan Chase as administrative agent
- Represented a manufacturer of home improvement products in $24 million credit facilities to finance an add-on acquisition
- Represented a private equity fund in $27 million term loan and $4 million revolving credit facility in connection with acquisition of portfolio company that markets and administers extended automobile service warranties
- Represented a private equity fund in $15 million revolving credit facility and $27 million term loan facility to acquire global manufacturer with subsidiaries in China and Thailand
- Represented EPAM Systems, Inc. in $100 million syndicated revolving credit facility with PNC Bank as administrative agent
- Represented a private equity firm as borrower in a $49 million senior facility and a $15.5 million mezzanine facility for acquisition financing of a new portfolio company
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity firm as borrower in $120 million dividend recapitalization
- Represented a construction and management solutions company, as borrower, in a $50 million recapitalization
- Represented the trusts of an investment bank in liquidity facilities
- Represented a private equity firm in its liquidity facility.
- Represented the Agent in credit facilities to a company that provides behavioral health services to residents of skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities
- Represented the Agent in a $96 million senior secured credit facility to recapitalize insurance brokerage companies
- Represented the Agent in a $90 million senior secured credit facility to finance a leverage recapitalization.
- Represented a lender in a debtor-in-possession facility.
- Represented the Agent in a $72.2 million senior secured credit facility to finance the acquisition of a logistics staffing company
- Represented the Agent in a $70 million senior secured credit facilities to the nation’s leading retailer of fireworks
- Represented the Agent in a $45 million senior secured credit facility (including revolver with a borrowing base) to private-equity backed provider of outsourced rehab programs for hospitals,
- SNF/LTC/Subacute, CCRC, Assisted and Independent Living facilities
- Represented the Agent in an $80 million credit facilities to recapitalize a design, engineering and tool building company serving the OEM automotive and heavy truck industries
- Represented the Agent in a $400 million credit facility for a multinational technology company
- Represented the Agent in a proposed $300 million staple financing transaction
- Represented the Agent in a $170 million secured financing for an infrastructure company
- Represented the Agent in a $175 million dividend recap for a private equity portfolio company with a $25 million accordion
- Represented the Agent in $340 million of senior secured including multi-currency availability for international manufacturer
- Represented the Agent in $110 million senior secured credit facilities to finance acquisition of private equity portfolio company. Transaction also involved $30 million in mezzanine financing and negotiation of intercreditor agreement.
- Represented the Agent in a $1B facility for a chemical company
- Represented the Agent in a $145 million secured financing for a regional cable company
- Represented the Agent in a $134 million secured financing for a regional cable company
- Represented an SBIC in a loan to a medical supply company
- Represented a mezzanine lender in the mezzanine loan to, and subsequent workout of, a company in the sports entertainment industry
- Represented a mezzanine lender in connection with s mezzanine loan and the subsequent conversion to equity.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Judith Reich is a managing partner at the firm and is recognized for her wide-ranging expertise in commercial loan transactions. She is particularly noted for her work in representing private equity funds and sources reserve particular praise for her practical approach to matters.Chambers USA
Banking & Finance, PennsylvaniaChambers USA
(2005; 2008–2009; 2012–2015)
- New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1987
- Syracuse University, B.S., 1984, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- New Jersey Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section and Banking Section