Ashley Pezzner has decades of experience in intellectual property. He has worked in patent prosecution, patent interferences and counseling (opining as to infringement issues and validity issues in several different areas of technology). His representation has included chemical companies, agricultural companies, consumer product companies, pharmaceutical companies and medical devices.
Prior to attending law school, Ashley worked as a procurement quality chemical engineer in the aircraft industry. Ashley worked at the USPTO as a patent Examiner in Group 156 in the inorganic, organic and polymer fields.
- Prosecute international patent portfolios in diverse industries such as chemical, exercise equipment, pharmaceuticals, consumer products and electronics.
- Counsel major chemical and pharmaceutical companies as to freedom to operate and invalidity.
- Oversee due diligence projects for companies acquisition.
- Manage an active docket of several hundred patent applications on behalf of companies in the US and abroad while pro-actively working with examiners at the USPTO to streamline prosecution and avoid unnecessary expenses.
- Developed strategic ways to prosecute applications.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Johns Hopkins University, M.A.S.
- University of South Carolina, B.S.
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware