Tonia Ann Patterson represents clients in a broad range of matters concerning pharmaceutical products liability, government investigations, copyright infringement, business disputes, and real estate in federal and state courts. This experience includes representing major pharmaceutical companies in defense of mass torts , as well as entertainment companies, hedge funds, real estate development companies, scientists, and others. Tonia’s experience includes extensive litigation management, IT management, investigation and analysis.
Tonia has volunteered to serve as counsel on various pro bono matters. She is a member of the firm’s Diversity and Women’s Committees. She is an alumna of Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, where she also served as the firm’s first Fellow. While in law school, Tonia served as an extern to the Hon. Joseph A. Greenaway—who is now a Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit—and was also senior coordinator of the Eric R. Neisser Pro Bono Program.
- Tried case in complex pharmaceutical products liability matter, resulting in favorable jury verdict for client.
- Litigated numerous cases for pharmaceutical client in complex matters concerning pharmaceutical products liability.
- Represented client in matter concerning allegations of fraud-on-FDA and off-label marketing.
- Represented hedge fund in federal court in matter concerning alleged violations of trust indenture act.
- Represented entertainment company in federal court in matter concerning copyright infringement.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, J.D., 2006, Rutgers Law Review
- Stevens Institute of Technology, M.S., Information Management, 2002
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Brennan-Vanderbilt American Inn of Court
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Alumna
- National Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association, Minorities in the Profession Section (Past Vice-Chair)
- NJSBA, Young Lawyer’s Division Newsletter (Past Editor)