Lindsay B. Orr assists clients primarily in matters related to corporate and commercial litigation, administrative law, and labor and employment. Lindsay litigates statutory and contractual business disputes in Delaware state and federal courts, including expedited matters seeking injunctive relief in the Delaware Court of Chancery. She handles regulatory matters in front of administrative agencies such as the Delaware Public Service Commission, the Delaware Health Resources Board and the Delaware Board of Pharmacy.
Lindsay’s practice also includes defending employers in employment-related lawsuits alleging discrimination, violations of Title VII, and other employment-related causes of action brought in Delaware state and federal courts, as well as in related actions before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Delaware Department of Labor.
- First chaired a bench trial on a contract dispute to a successful verdict.
- Managed discovery in the multi-state regulatory approval process for the merger of two energy utilities.
Leonard Levin Memorial Award, Villanova University School of Law
Medal of Excellence, American Bankruptcy Institute
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review
- University of Delaware, B.A., 2006, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- Board of Directors of the Friends of the Brandywine Hundred Library, Treasurer
- Concordia Choral Arts, Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section (Past Chair)
- Delaware High School Mock Trial Competition, Scoring Judge
- Faithful Friends Animal Society, Volunteer
- Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court
- Widener University Delaware Law School, Veterans Law Clinic, Volunteer Attorney