Remy Nshimiyimana assists his clients in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, compliance with securities laws, general corporate governance, and general commercial contracts. Remy represents corporate clients in a variety of acquisitions and divestitures, coordinating the due diligence process, drafting transaction documents, and handling closing logistics. In his securities laws practice, Remy also represents public clients in connection with securities offerings and compliance matters, including ongoing reporting obligations under U.S. securities laws and regulations. Remy also has experience drafting and reviewing corporate filings and organizational documents, board and shareholder resolutions, and corporate governance policies.
Remy has also worked with clients on documenting general commercial arrangements, including supplier agreements and services agreements. In this respect, Remy completed a 5-month secondment to the in-house legal department of a major global retailer where he acquired significant insight into some of the unique challenges facing retail companies.
Remy grew up in Rwanda. He came to the United States in 2003 and is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. He is fluent in French and Kinyarwanda.
- Represented a PE fund in the transportation sector in connection with platform acquisitions and add-ons.
- Represented a PE fund in connection with platform add-ons and divestments focusing on manufacturing, technology and services companies.
- Represented a leading independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions, in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Represented a number of European clients in acquisitions of US-based companies.
- Represented a global provider of postsecondary education in the acquisition of a health sciences graduate institution.
- Represented a publicly traded company in the acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company.
- Represents several publicly traded companies with respect to federal securities law compliance, ongoing SEC reporting obligations, and other corporate governance matters.
- Represented a leading spinal implant manufacturer in its initial public offering.
- Represents a major global retailer in its merchandising, marketing and supply chain operations.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011, Journal of International Law
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris, Master – Droit et globalisation économique
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master 2 Pro Droit de la Globalisation économique
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Philadelphia Chapter
- Pennsylvania Bar Association