Meredith W. Nissen represents pharmaceutical companies in complex civil litigation with an emphasis on products liability defense. She also represents clients in a broad range of commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts.
- Working with other lawyers at the firm, defended a large pharmaceutical company in personal injury litigation concerning claims of strict liability, negligence and failure to warn involving prescription medications.
- Working with other lawyers at the firm, served as local counsel for large pharmaceutical company in MDL proceedings involving claims of strict liability, negligence and failure to warn relating to over the counter medication.
- Working with other lawyers at the firm, defended medical device manufacturer in personal injury litigation involving claims of strict liability, negligence, failure to warn and design defect.
- In connection with mass tort and products liability litigation, deposed numerous plaintiffs, treating and prescribing physicians. Defended depositions of company witnesses. Also, working with other lawyers at the firm, prepared expert witnesses for deposition and trial.
- New Jersey
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude, Villanova Law Review
- Cornell University, B.S., 2001
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Junior League of Philadelphia, Inc., Chief Operating Officer (2016-2017) (Past: Director of Development, Vice President of Fundraising, Parliamentarian and Nominating Committee Member)