Walter J. Mostek, Jr. has more than 30 years’ experience counseling clients on business acquisitions and dispositions, corporate finance, securities compliance, private placements, and general corporate matters. Walter’s clients include domestic and international corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and investors.
In addition to advising businesses of all sizes in mergers and acquisitions, securities, and finance transactions, a substantial part of Walter’s practice involves acting as trusted legal advisor to a number of small and mid-sized companies, both publicly and privately held. He strives to find sound and practical legal solutions to day-to-day problems that his clients face.
Walter represents both buyers and sellers in a wide variety of mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions. He is also experienced in the formation of partnerships, corporate business structures, and limited liability joint ventures. Recent acquisition and disposition transactions include:
- Handled the strategic acquisition of an environmental consulting company by a leading international engineering firm.
- Represented a public company in the strategic acquisition of a restaurant group.
- Counsel an international provider of wireless charging solutions in strategic relationships.
- Represented global provider of infrastructure engineering software in multiple strategic acquisitions of software providers.
- Represented manufacturer of commercial and architectural acoustic noise control products in sale to a private equity investor.
- Handled sale of assets to a strategic purchaser by a provider of litigation support services.
- Represented broker-dealer in the acquisition of a financial software provider.
Walter represents public companies in securities law compliance matters, including issues related to short swing reporting and liability issues, filing requirements and general disclosure and reporting obligations. He also represents corporations, partnerships and investors in private placements of equity, debt, and convertible securities. Recent securities matters include:
- Handling general securities compliance matters, including serving on the disclosure committee, for an S&P 500 apparel retailer.
- Represented a NYSE-listed supplier of weight and disease management products in securities compliance matters.
- Handled exchange of registered debt by a financial services company.
- Represented re-refiner of used or waste oil in preferred stock offering to an institutional investor.
- Represented lead investor in multiple rounds of private investment in a cloud technology company.
- Counseled real estate services start-up in multiple rounds of private investment.
Walter has counseled clients on a wide variety of corporate governance issues, such as with respect to board and committee structures, listing standards, governance policies and takeover defenses.
- New York
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1985, cum laude
- Georgetown University, B.S.B.A., 1982, magna cum laude