Ramon A. Miyar assists his clients in labor and employment matters, including wage-and-hour disputes, employment discrimination, unfair competition, and individual and representative Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) matters. He handles all phases of litigation in both the state and federal court systems.
Ramon is also a contributor to the firm's LaborSphere blog, which provides coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of employee benefits and labor issues.
While in law school, Ramon served as a litigation law clerk at Liberty Mutual Insurance Group; a student prosecutor at Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office; and a judicial extern for the Honorable Susan Y. Illston of the United States Court for the Northern District of California. Prior to joining Drinker Biddle, he handled a wide array of labor and employment matters at an Am Law 100 firm.
- Defended large healthcare provider in numerous civil employment actions alleging claims for age, race, gender, and/or disability discrimination in both state and federal court.
- Obtained award of attorneys’ fees for client as prevailing party in Anti-SLAPP motion, following plaintiff-employee’s preemptive voluntary dismissal of defendant during pendency of motion.
- Represented architectural firm in wage-and-hour proceeding before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and obtained a successful resolution for the employer on all counts.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2012, American Journal of Law & Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2008, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel, Board of Directors