Matthew H. Meyers counsels public and private companies with respect to a variety of corporate and securities matters. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, corporate governance and capital-raising transactions in the public and private markets. Matt also handles public company reporting obligations, employment and compensation arrangements, and general corporate matters.
In particular, Matt represents private equity concerns and their portfolio companies in merger and acquisition transactions and other strategic initiatives. He has counseled venture capital and startup clients on financing transactions in both the emerging company and middle markets. Matt also advises IPO-stage and publicly traded companies on capital markets transactions and periodic reporting matters under the federal securities laws and NYSE and NASDAQ regulations.
In 2011, Matt was a member of the inaugural class of ACG University, an in-depth educational and networking program for M&A professionals conducted by the Association for Corporate Growth, a global network of leading dealmakers.
- Represented a truck leasing and rental company in the issuance of over $7 billion of senior debt in Rule 144A offerings.
- Represents a publicly traded beverage manufacturer with respect to federal securities law compliance, capital markets, acquisitions, and strategic and general corporate matters.
- Represents a private equity fund focusing on the transportation sector and its portfolio companies in acquisition and divestiture transactions and other strategic initiatives.
- Represents a number of registered investment advisers in investment company acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Represents a privately held gift and greeting card manufacturer in equity and debt offerings, strategic initiatives and general corporate matters.
- Represented a publicly traded alternative energy company with respect to federal securities law compliance and general corporate matters.
- Represented a medical device company focusing on spine surgery in its initial public offering.
- Represented the owners of a leading provider of gear-drive systems for the industrial and military marine sectors in the $200 million sale of that business.
- Represented a dual-listed Canadian medical device manufacturer with respect to U.S. securities law compliance, including in connection with a going-private transaction.
- Represented a major consumer product manufacturer in a $100 million joint venture with a retailer.
- Represented on a pro bono basis a non-profit Philadelphia children’s services organization in its merger with another local children’s charity.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2006, Virginia Tax Review; Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2001