Judith N. McCarthy works with clients on a variety of corporate matters, including buy-side and sell-side mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and governance, private placements of debt and equity, and related transactions. She advises on, negotiates, and drafts asset and stock purchase agreements, stockholder agreements, operating agreements, subscription agreements, and corporate governance documents.
Judith recently assisted clients with:
- Representation of a data technology company specializing in the financial sector in its sale to an international provider of financial markets services.
- Representation of an international materials company in its strategic acquisition of a plastics manufacturer.
- Representation of DS Services, Inc., a division of Cott Corporation, in the strategic acquisition of a Canadian water and coffee delivery company.
- Representation of a family-owned technology manufacturing business in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Representation of a privately held IT consulting firm in its sale to an international company specializing in insurance-related IT solutions.
- Representation of two privately held insurance brokers in their sale to a publicly held, international provider of insurance and risk management programs.
- Representation of Legrand North America, an electrical and digital building infrastructure company, in its acquisition of Raritan, a provider of data center infrastructure solutions.
- Representation of an education services company in its acquisition of a national portfolio of educational institutions.
- Representation of a public energy company in a PIPE transaction.
- Representation of a boutique private equity firm in its sale of a portfolio company to another private equity firm.
- Representation of a global provider of products, services and solutions for pharmaceutical and other science-related companies, in its strategic acquisition of two providers of high-purity fluid handling solutions.
- Representation of Cape Resorts, a division of Cape Advisors, in refinancing of Congress Hall Hotel and equity raises in Cape May, New Jersey.
- Representation of The Hampshire Companies in negotiation of joint ventures and consummation of equity raises of multiple real estate development projects located in New Jersey.
- Representation of a private label tea and coffee company based in the United Kingdom in the acquisition of a U.S.-based natural ingredients supplier.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, J.D., 2013, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Rutgers Law Review
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1988, cum laude
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Inn of Transactional Counsel of Morris County