David M. Matteson has more than 35 years of experience in private investment management, with an emphasis on derivatives. He has represented hedge funds, commodity pool operators (CPOs), commodity trading advisors (CTAs), investment advisers, and offshore and onshore funds.
Early in his career, David worked in the Division of Enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). He has also has served as general counsel of a hedge fund manager. David has many long term client relationships – some more than 25 years – which speak to his quality, practical advice, and client service.
David has advised clients as to the various structures and strategies with respect to:
- The formation of funds and their management companies
- SEC and CFTC regulatory issues
- Offering memoranda, marketing materials, appropriate investment agreements and terms of specific investment funds.
He has extensive experience filing disclosure documents under Part 4 of the CFTC’s rules with the National Futures Association (NFA) and getting such prospectuses cleared by the NFA.
David is a member of Drinker Biddle’s investment management practice, consistently ranked as one of the top investment management practices in the country by Chambers USA and The Legal 500.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Occidental College, B.A., 1974