Stephen R. Long is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in the litigation, trial, arbitration and mediation of complex commercial cases, employment disputes and the defense of professional negligence claims and asbestos injury product liability cases. He represents national law and accounting firms, Fortune 500 companies and liability, life and health insurers.
Steve has appeared in courts and administrative agencies across the country at trials, preliminary injunction hearings, dispositive motion hearings, appeal arguments and other proceedings. He has counseled corporate clients on employment matters and has handled numerous investigations of allegedly improper conduct in the workplace. Steve has defended accounting firms and individual auditors in securities class actions, “deepened insolvency” litigation and SEC investigations. He has also handled cases for large and small law firms in the defense of malpractice claims arising from transactional work, trust and estate engagements, IP matters and litigation. He recently tried to a successful conclusion a mesothelioma death case on behalf of a major valve manufacturer.
Steve joined the firm in 1980. He has served as vice chair of the firm's Litigation Department, and he has long been involved as an administrator and teacher in the firm's internal continuing legal education programs. Steve frequently writes and speaks on professional liability and employment law topics.
- New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1980
- Seton Hall University, B.A., 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey, Trustee
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, Arbitrator