Joshua M. Link represents a variety of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to closely held corporations, as well as individual owners, directors, and managers in complex business disputes, consumer class actions, Telephone Consumer Protection Act litigation, drug products liability and mass tort matters, securities fraud class actions, and environmental litigation. Josh has litigation experience in a variety of complex commercial matters in both state and federal courts. He has handled many aspects of civil litigation, including pre-litigation counseling and fact investigation, discovery and dispositive motion practice, trial advocacy and post-trial proceedings, and appellate practice. Josh also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Josh also counsels clients in responding to governmental inquiries and investigations, including investigations initiated by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice. He also represents clients in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Pay-to-Play investigations and False Claims Act litigation.
Josh is also a contributor to the firm’s Telephone Consumer Protection Act Blog, which regularly provides important news and insights about the TCPA.
- Won the full dismissal of a securities fraud class action complaint alleging that a pharmaceutical company had fraudulently misrepresented the design and conduct of Phase 3 clinical trials in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Attained the full dismissal of a $60 million Federal False Claims Act qui tam action in the Southern District of Ohio involving allegations that a developer and general contractor were responsible for purported violations of the Davis-Bacon Act and Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act in connection with the construction of a public housing project.
- Won full dismissal with prejudice of four count business tort complaint in the Middle District of Pennsylvania arising out of complex secured financing relationship.
- Secured landmark class action settlement in an action brought pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and related civil rights laws in the Southern District of New York that will require New York City and State agencies to provide information regarding Food Stamps and Medicaid benefits in alternate formats that are accessible to low-income persons who are blind or visually impaired.
- Secured the dismissal of Telephone Consumer Protection Act actions in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Northern District of Illinois.
- Defended individuals in white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions involving alleged violations of federal securities and foreign commerce laws.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in a Section 1983 action in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on behalf of a pre-trial detainee who was subjected to excessive force by prison personnel.
- New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011, Journal of International Law
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2006, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association