Ginene A. Lewis focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including class actions, business disputes, internal investigations, and white-collar defense. Ginene has defended companies against putative class actions brought under consumer protection statutes in jurisdictions across the country. She has also defended against challenges to mergers and acquisitions and represented companies in contract disputes concerning complex accounting matters. Ginene has conducted corporate internal investigations and represented companies in enforcement actions by state and federal agencies.
Prior to joining the firm, Ginene served as a law clerk to the Honorable Petrese B. Tucker in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents a defense contractor in connection with a Federal False Claims Act investigation and criminal prosecution.
- Represents an electric generation supplier in an consumer fraud action before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and in putative class actions under consumer protection statutes before several federal courts.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a pharmaceutical company involving a former employee’s potential whistleblower and discrimination claims.
- Represented an individual in connection with a Department of Justice investigation involving allegations of off-label pharmaceutical marketing, conspiracy, and wire fraud.
- Contributed to a petition for writ of habeas corpus to the United States Supreme Court.
- Served as pro bono counsel in a Title IX matter before the United States District Court of Tennessee.
- New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2012, Journal of International Law
- Spelman College, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Barristers Association of Philadelphia
- The Legal Intelligencer’s Young Lawyer Editorial Board
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Youth Action, Inc., Co-Founder, Board Member