Jamie L. Lanphear* represents major pharmaceutical companies in strict liability, negligence, failure to warn, and wrongful death actions. Jamie also has experience representing individual and corporate defendants in various types of actions, including product liability and mass tort, commercial litigation, and real estate litigation. Jamie has represented clients in state and federal courts and is experienced in handling all aspects of pre-trial procedures, including drafting and arguing pre-trial and dispositive motions, written discovery, depositions, and drafting settlement agreements.
While in law school, Jamie served as a legal fellow for the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee and was a member of the Board of Advocates, Jessup International Moot Court Team. She also served as a law clerk with the Health Care Practice at the East Bay Community Law Center, where she was successful in the appeals she brought on behalf of clients denied social security disability benefits.
Jamie maintains an active pro bono practice providing legal representation to victims of domestic violence.
*Admitted in California only. District of Columbia Bar application pending; practice supervised by partners of the firm who are active D.C. Bar members pursuant to D.C. Bar Rule 49(c)(8).
- Won partial summary judgement for client involved in real estate dispute.
- Assisted in negotiating favorable settlement for Fortune 500 client involved in contract dispute and drafted final settlement agreement.
- Successfully moved to expunge lis pendens in multiple cases involving real estate disputes.
Prosser Award in Bankruptcy (University of California, Berkeley, School of Law)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- District of Columbia
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Columbia University, School of Social Work, M.S., 2010
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.S., 2008, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- ABA Section of Litigation, Young Advocate Committee, Newsletter Subcommittee Chair
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Family Violence Appellate Project, New Leadership Council