JR Lanis assists clients with public securities offerings and reporting, private equity and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, and fund formation and representation. He structures, negotiates and closes multimillion and billion-dollar transactions, including public stock and debt offerings, tender offers, distressed company acquisitions and sales, mergers, licensing and other commercial arrangements, for both buyers and sellers. He also serves as outside counsel to several registered investment companies.
JR has experience in public company listing and reporting for OTC, Nasdaq and NYSE-listed companies, including compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and related stock exchange requirements.
JR’s clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, funds and investors in a variety of industries, with an emphasis in technology, financial services, hospitality, life sciences and energy.
Among his transactional work, JR has represented:
- A leading insurance provider in the spinoff of its subsidiary. The newly spun-off public company is now listed on The New York Stock Exchange.
- The financing and acquisition of a major U.S. professional sports franchise.
- A publicly traded insurance company in a $300 million senior note offering.
- A power conversion technology company in its initial public offering on the NASDAQ.
- An energy company in its initial public offering on the Alternative Investment Market, a sub-market of the London Stock Exchange.
- The formation and ongoing representation of hedge funds.
- SEC investment advisers.
- A Fortune 500 waste management company in a series of acquisitions and joint venture transactions.
- A publicly traded national restaurant chain in a leveraged buyout and going-private transaction.
- A public digital media company in its merger with another public company.
- Multiple operating companies in reverse mergers into public shell entities.
- An emerging technology company in a $4 million PIPE financing.
- Multiple venture capital funds.
- Clients in ’33 Act registrations and ’34 Act reporting requirements.
Deal of the Year Finalist, The M&A Advisor (2016)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- Brown University, A.B.