Earthen E. Johnson represents and counsels a variety of clients and organizations in the investment management industry, including multi-series and multi-class mutual funds, master-feeder funds, money market funds, registered alternative products and exchange traded funds. She participates in fund formations and reorganizations; drafts exemptive applications, prepares registration and proxy statements and handles various securities filings for both open-end and closed-end funds. Earthen also assists in counseling boards of directors on fund governance and fiduciary duty issues.
Between college and law school, Earthen taught third grade in Camden, NJ through Teach For America and then led an educational non-profit organization in Philadelphia.
Earthen assists in counseling Drinker Biddle’s investment management industry clients throughout their lifecycle, and works with investment advisers, fund boards and various service providers. Her experience as an associate in the firm’s Chambers-ranked investment management group includes:
- Advising funds and their advisers regarding all aspects of the formation, operation, reorganization and liquidation of investment vehicles.
- Advising funds and their boards, including in connection with internal and external reorganizations, regulatory filings and compliance matters.
- Negotiating fund agreements, service provider contracts and platform agreements.
- Drafting and obtaining exemptive relief orders from the Securities and Exchange Commission, including fund of funds relief, multi-manager fund relief, co-investment relief and multi-class relief.
- Counseling on, preparing and reviewing various documents, including registration statements; offering documents; proxy materials and solicitation materials; information statements; shareholder reports; and compliance policies and procedures.
Pennsylvania Lawyers on the Fast Track, The Legal Intelligencer
Dean’s Scholar, Drexel University School of Law
Merit Scholar and Dean’s List, University of Virginia
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- Drexel University School of Law, J.D., 2011, cum laude, Drexel Law Review
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2004
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Youth Sentencing and Reentry Project