Robert L. Jensen assists clients regarding a variety of employee benefits and executive compensation matters for public and private companies and tax-exempt entities, including tax-qualified retirement plans, health and welfare benefits (such as HIPAA, COBRA, Section 125 and Affordable Care Act), employment, separation, and change in control agreements, non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements, equity-based incentive compensation arrangements, and benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions. He has experience drafting all types of plan documents, summary plan descriptions and employee communications, as well as advising clients regarding establishing, changing and terminating benefit programs, and entering into benefits service agreements. Rob also assists clients in complying with ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Part of a team that advised Conestoga Bancorp in a $105 million deal where Conestoga Bank will be merged into Beneficial Bank.
- Counseled clients across industry sectors on the Affordable Care Act employer shared responsibility mandate and information reporting.
- Counseled clients regarding the employee benefit implications of mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions.
- Counseled private and public companies regarding Code Section 280G and Code Section 409A issues arising in corporate transactions.
- Drafted and negotiated executive employment agreements for large health care system.
- Regularly draft equity compensation plans and agreements for start-up companies as well as more established companies.
- New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Seton Hall University, B.S., 2003