Vik C. Jaitly represents employers in disputes in federal and state courts and administrative tribunals with respect to a variety of employment and labor related issues, including: compliance with federal and state employment statutes; non-compete, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements; discrimination and harassment matters; and wage and hour compliance issues.
Vik also assists clients with employment hiring, compensation and termination practices, proposed employee discipline and dismissal, internal employee complaints and investigations, executive employment, non-competition and severance agreements, reductions in force, union collective bargaining, affirmative action, drug testing, workplace violence, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and many other issues.
Vik is a frequent contributor to the firm's LaborSphere blog, which provides coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of employee benefits and labor issues.
Prior to joining the Labor & Employment Group, Vik worked with the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group assisting with prosecuting and defending cost recovery claims, construction defect claims, environmental insurance coverage claims, as well as contribution and indemnification under Superfund and related federal and state statutes.
In his pro bono practice, Vik represents incarcerated individuals asserting constitutional rights violations.
While in law school, Vik served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Philip S. Carchman, Presiding Judge, Appellate Division, of the Superior Court of New Jersey, as well as a judicial extern for the Hon. Joseph E. Irenas, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Represented hospital system in multiple employment-related administrative proceedings.
- Counseled educational institution on reasonable accommodation issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Dean’s List, Rutgers University School of Law – Camden
Certificate of Merit for Legal Analysis, Research & Writing, Rutgers University School of Law – Camden
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, J.D., 2013, Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick, B.A., 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association—New Jersey, Vice President of Membership (2015-2016)
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association—New Jersey, Treasurer (2014-2015)
- South Asian Bar Association—New Jersey, Secretary (2015)
- N.J. Superior Court Committee on Civil Jury Charges