Ingrid Bente Hopkinson represents insurance and annuity companies as the owners or issuers of annuities in cases where factoring companies purchase structured settlement annuity payment rights and in disputes arising out of the transfer of structured settlement payments rights. She is involved in the transfer of structured settlement payment rights in jurisdictions throughout the United States. Ingrid also assists insurers, managing general agents, employers and the business associates of such organizations in matters related to information privacy and security compliance.
Ingrid joined Drinker Biddle after working as a technical claims manager and claims analyst in the reinsurance field. She worked for a combination of Resolute Management Inc., ACE USA, and Reinsurance Solutions International since 1999. Prior to that, Ingrid handled various litigation matters, including complex products liability, aviation, premises liability, mass tort, medical malpractice, and personal injury actions, as well as various insurance coverage and insurance fraud matters. She is fluent in Danish, German, and French.
Prepared the briefs for:
- Settlement Funding of New York, LLC v. Structured Settlement Trust (Ciraolo), 2009 WL 3713136, 2009 NY Misc. LEXIS 3075, 2009 N.Y. Slip Op. 32553 (N.Y. Supp.)
- No More Waiting LLC v. Patricia Hack, 2010 WL 2106481, 2010 Conn. Super. LEXIS 1035 (Ct. Sup.)
- Kalatizadeh v. Zagaroff, 2010 WL 3520754, 2010 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 5285 (N.Y. Sup. 2010)
- In re: Application of Settlement Funding, LLC d/b/a Peachtree Settlement Funding and Amber D. Stewart, No. 2011-CP-46-0877, slip op. (York Cty. April 21, 2011)
- In re: Approval of Transfer of Structured Settlement Payment Rights from D. Lewis to DRB Capital, LLC, No. 2015-CP-26-7958, slip op. (Horry Cty. April 21, 2016)
Assisted in providing comments and insight to the National Structured Settlement Trade Association regarding amendments to the Illinois, Florida, Virginia, and Maryland structured settlement protection acts.
- New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1995, cum laude
- Smith College, B.A., 1987, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania