Jamie L. Helman concentrates her practice on securities, broker-dealer arbitration, litigation, mediation, employment matters, and regulatory defense. She has experience first-chairing FINRA arbitrations, defended on-the-record testimony of broker-dealer employees before FINRA, and is presently involved in the representation of broker-dealers in several pending FINRA cases as well as regulatory matters.
Prior to joining private practice, Jamie worked as in-house counsel at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. in both the Litigation Department and Equities Regulatory Group. Jamie represented Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. in a broad range of business disputes. She assisted in numerous cases in federal and state courts and in arbitrations before FINRA. Jamie also investigated and responded to governmental and regulatory inquiries.
While in law school, Jamie was a legal intern for the Office of the Kings Country District Attorney and New York Stock Exchange, Division of Enforcement.
- Represented broker-dealer clients in FINRA arbitration relating to sales practice, employment, promissory note cases and in mediations of those matters.
- Investigated and responded to regulatory inquiries from the United States Attorney, Department of Justice, SEC, FINRA, AMEX, PHLX, NYSE and NASD involving, among other things, trading, commissions, trade reporting, IPOs, analyst conflicts, and money laundering.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2003
- Rutgers University, B.S., 2000, with honors
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Rockland County Women’s Bar Association