Ronald L. Grudziecki has more than 40 years of experience assisting clients with patent prosecution, litigation, licensing and other aspects of intellectual property, including trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights.
Ron has extensive patent and trademark litigation experience before the Federal District Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the International Trade Commission and has been involved in more than 100 patent litigations. His practice also includes counseling clients domestically and internationally toward successful intellectual capital management and intellectual property strategies including licensing agreements and litigation.
Ron was an active adjunct faculty member at the Georgetown University Law Center, where he taught the Advanced Patent Law Seminar for over 20 years. He has also taught under the auspices of the Patent Resources Group and has lectured before many groups in the U.S.A., Europe and Asia on a variety of subjects. He is a former patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He was president of the Licensing Executives Society (USA and Canada) in 2000 and president of its parent organization, the Licensing Executives Society International in 2006 and 2007. He is also a Certified Licensing Professional (CLP).
Ron has served as lead counsel in numerous cases during his career. Among his representative matters:
- Lead counsel in MOVA Pharmaceuticals in Upjohn v. MOVA Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- Lead counsel in MOVA Pharmaceuticals v. Shalala et al.
- Lead counsel for Eli Lilly in Eli Lilly and Co. v. Zenith Goldline Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Ron has co-authored several texts on intellectual property, including:
- Trademark Selection, Management and Litigation (1979)
- Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law, in Legal Environment for Direct Foreign Investment in the United States (1983, 1996)
- Licensing and Litigation, The LESI Guide to Licensing Best Practices, John Wiley and Sons (2002).
Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers
Who’s Who of International Business Lawyers, USA, Patent Lawyers
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1968
- University of Maryland, B.S., Metallurgical Engineering, 1962
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- Licensing Executives Society (USA and Canada) (Past President)
- Licensing Executives Society International (Past President)