Justin M. Ginter represents a wide range of clients in civil litigations at both the trial and appellate level. Justin’s experience includes a variety of complex commercial and insurance litigation matters, including business tort and contract disputes, consumer class actions, products liability suits, and arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He has experience first-chairing FINRA arbitrations, and is presently involved in the representation of broker-dealers in several pending FINRA cases.
While in law school, Justin was a judicial intern to the Honorable Susan D. Wigenton for the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, as well as an extern to Justice Barry T. Albin for the New Jersey Supreme Court. Justin developed his legal reasoning, writing and oral advocacy skills through the law school’s Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board program. He was also a member of the law school’s preeminent Impact Litigation Clinic—which represents indigent clients before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit—and successfully negotiated a favorable settlement for his client with the United States government.
Justin was a Summer Associate with the firm in 2013. Following graduation from law school, Justin clerked for the Honorable Lisa F. Chrystal for the Superior Court of New Jersey. Prior to law school, Justin participated in Teach for America for four years, teaching inner-city middle school youth in St. Louis, Missouri.
Since joining the firm, Justin has represented clients in a broad range of litigation and business disputes. He has assisted in numerous cases in both federal and state courts and in arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”). Justin is also a part of Drinker Biddle’s asbestos defense team, which represents clients from various industries in cases alleging personal injury from exposure to asbestos-containing products.
- Tried a FINRA arbitration on behalf of a brokerage firm to recover the default amount of $202,579 from a loan made to a former broker. The client was awarded the full amount of the loan plus interest of $25,536. In addition, the former broker was ordered to pay the award within 30 days, with the stipulation that if this deadline is not met, interest will accrue on the award at a rate of 6% per annum from the date of the decision until the award is paid in full.
- First-chaired a FINRA arbitration on behalf of a brokerage firm in a matter against a former broker. The company asserted breach of promissory note agreement, and requested principal balance and interest for certain unpaid promissory notes, costs of collection and proceeding-related expenses. Client was awarded compensatory damages and interest, attorneys’ fees, and the non-refundable portion of the filing fee.
Additionally, Justin is very active in Drinker Biddle’s Pro Bono program, providing legal assistance to several pro bono projects at any time, including constitutional and civil rights litigations and post-conviction proceedings.
Dorothy Day Scholarship for Commitment to Diversity and Serving Others, Seton Hall University School of Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2014, cum laude
- University of Missouri, B.A., 2007
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board