Mark J. Foley represents management in employment and labor matters and is often called upon by clients to act as lead trial and appellate counsel in state and federal courts.
Mark has worked in a broad range of employment matters under local, state and federal laws, including the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Labor Management Relations Act (LMRA), Title VII, Section 1983 and the First Amendment, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), whistleblower laws, restrictive covenants and trade secrets and executive transition issues.
When he isn’t in the office, Mark contributes his time to multiple community organizations in the Philadelphia area, including the National Constitution Center and the Philadelphia Orchestra Association.
Mark has extensive experience representing clients in labor and employment matters. His representative matters include:
- Leading negotiations for a national research university in collective bargaining negotiations with faculty and support staff unions.
- Representing a public utility in negotiations with a national utility union.
- Representing a technology company in multi-jurisdictional actions involving disclosure of trade secrets.
- Representing a national pharmaceutical distributor in a union organizing campaign.
- Representing a major insurance company as part of a multi-jurisdictional defense team in a national FLSA class actions.
“Top 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys,” Human Resource Executive magazine (2010-2016)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Mark Foley is praised by his peers for ‘bringing creativity to his work’ and being ‘polished in what he does.’CHAMBERS USA, 2015
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1987, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Economy League of Greater Philadelphia Board of Governors
- National Constitution Center Corporate Counsel
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Orchestra Board of Directors