Matthew D. Fielding provides representation to both sellers and purchasers in a wide array for acquisitions and dispositions of commercial real estate, including office, warehouse, industrial, redevelopment, and farmland properties. In addition, Matthew represents both landlords and tenants in all aspects of lease transactions. Representative leases include warehouse, retail and ground leases and build-to-suit leases. Matthew counsels both lenders and borrowers in connection with sophisticated financing transactions secured by real estate.
Prior to joining Drinker Biddle, Matthew served as a law clerk to the Honorable Edward M. Coleman, P.J. Ch., where he gained significant exposure to a broad range of complex real estate matters including valuation disputes, commercial foreclosures, tax appeals, brokerage commission disputes, condemnation proceedings and actions in lieu of prerogative writs.
- Represented joint venture in orchestrating the conveyance and financing of a multi-property portfolio of self-storage centers.
- Represented landlord in connection with the leasing of 6,500 square feet of space in a prominent office building.
- Represented developer in connection with the acquisition of approximately thirty acres of land containing a mid-sized commercial shopping center.
- Represented developer in the sale of a 48,000 square foot fitness center.
- Represented client in connection with the sale and tax-deferred exchange with respect to the sale of a major office building situated on approximately sixteen acres of land.
- Represented developer in connection with the acquisition, subdivision, and subsequent sale of approximately 112 acres of land.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2011, Washington and Lee Law Review
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 2008, cum laude