Robert T. Esposito represents business enterprises, investors, entrepreneurs, and private investment funds in a variety of corporate and securities matters, including corporate formation, angel and venture financings, private investment fund formation, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and ongoing compliance with state and federal securities laws and regulation. Rob is a frequent speaker on social enterprise and impact finance law, and has written extensively on legal and regulatory issues relating to social enterprise corporate forms and impact investing.
Rob is the co-creator of the Social Enterprise Law Tracker, an interactive online data visualization tool that tracks the progress of social enterprise legislation across the United States. He is also a Professional Lecturer in Law at the George Washington University Law School, where he teaches a corporation law seminar on the law and business of social enterprise.
- Represented a travel center company in a 363 Sale of a bankrupt restaurant franchise.
- Represented a corporate venture fund in connection with a Series A investment in a social enterprise technology company.
- Represented startup social enterprises in connection with conversions to benefit corporation status and venture financings.
- Represented a European impact investment fund in connection with the formation of a U.S. feeder fund.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Rob is the co-creator of the Social Enterprise Law Tracker, a site that offers an interactive map showing how social enterprise laws have been adopted in different states from 2009 to present.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- George Washington University Law School, LL.M., 2012, with highest honors
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 2007
- Impact Investing Legal Working Group