Melissa J. Egan assists clients with affiliations, mergers, asset and stock acquisitions, business entity formation, and corporate governance matters. Missy handles transactional matters for a variety of clients in the health care and related industries, including health systems and other providers, medical device companies, and technology companies. She assists tax-exempt health systems with affiliations and acquisitions. Missy’s experience also includes professional services agreements for health care providers and services agreements between hospitals/hospital systems and medical device companies and technical service providers.
- Represented a North Carolina tax-exempt health system in its affiliations with several hospitals.
- Represented several physician groups in strategic transactions involving dialysis programs.
- Negotiated the outsourcing of a hospital system’s clinical engineering department.
- Represented a health system in the divestiture of a nonprofit hospital subsidiary.
- Part of a team that advised Thomas Jefferson University in its combination with Aria Health (Philadelphia, PA) on all aspects of the transaction, including negotiation of the definitive agreement, due diligence, and corporate and regulatory requirements. This combination resulted in the creation of the largest health system in the five-county region in southeast Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey.
- Part of a team that advised Thomas Jefferson University in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital (ROSH) in Bensalem, PA on all aspects of the transaction, including negotiation of the definitive agreement, due diligence, and corporate and regulatory requirements.
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2008
- Cornell University, B.S., 2003
- American Health Lawyers Association