Melissa S. Dillenbeck counsels her clients on mission critical marketing practices, focusing on trademark portfolio management, brand selection, and advertising and promotion law. She works with companies in a variety of industries, ranging from consumer products to health care, and helps her clients understand the intersection of branding and modern global commerce. Melissa assists with the selection, acquisition, protection, licensing and management of domestic and international trademark portfolios, and structures sweepstakes, contests, and promotions. In addition, Melissa reviews advertising campaigns for legal compliance, represents clients in false advertising disputes, and counsels clients on the legal pitfalls of social media and user-generated content.
Melissa is a former competitive figure skater and is now a national judge for U.S. Figure Skating.
Melissa’s representative matters include:
- Negotiated complex worldwide licensing arrangement with a global sporting federation on behalf of a major retailer.
- Counseled a Fortune 50 consumer products company on mission critical branding and marketing practices.
- Structured nationwide sweepstakes and marketing campaigns for a major consumer products company.
- Managed domestic and international trademark portfolios on behalf of universities, healthcare organizations, consumer products companies and financial services companies.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2001
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1997
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- International Trademark Association
- Brand Activation Association
- U.S. Figure Skating, Sanctions and Eligibility Committee (Past National Chair)
- U.S. Figure Skating, Regional Vice Chair for Judges