Jennifer T. Criss counsels clients in the areas of copyright, trademark, technology transactions, unfair competition, and licensing in the industries of arts & entertainment, music, and information technology. She also has experience in Copyright Royalty Board proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm in 2008 as a paralegal for the Copyright Team, Jennifer taught art history at The George Washington University and American University. She is fluent in French.
Chateaubriand Fellow, French Government
Fellow, Philadelphia Museum of Art
Fellow, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- District of Columbia
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, Ph.D., History of Art, 2007
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A., 2003
- Bowdoin College, A.B., 1998, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- American Bar Association, Section on Intellectual Property
- ABA, Committee on Copyright & Social Media, Vice-Chair (2015–Present); Subcommittee on Fair Use, Chair (2011–2015)
- ABA, Committee on Copyright & New Technologies, Vice Chair (2010–2011)
- Copyright Alliance
- Copyright Society of the U.S.A.