Ashley K. Corkery represents major pharmaceutical and medical device companies in strict liability, negligence, failure to warn, and wrongful death cases involving prescription and over-the-counter medications and medical devices. She has litigated in both state and federal courts across the nation, serving in both national and local counsel roles. Ashley represents defendants in single-plaintiff actions, class actions, and coordinated proceedings, with experience in pre-trial work-up, including drafting motions and oppositions, drafting and responding to discovery, interviewing putative class members, preparing witnesses for trial, and appearing in court and in an arbitration.
While in law school, Ashley served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Joyce Kennard of the Supreme Court of California and to the Honorable Charles Breyer of the United States District Court, Northern District of California. At Stanford University, she was Captain (and later Assistant Coach) of the Western Equestrian Team; in 2008, she was selected as Most Valuable Player of the Stanford Equestrian Team.
- Part of trial team that won jury verdict on all counts in a pharmaceutical case.
- Assisted with drafting brief that won summary judgment in wrongful death case.
- Represented a non-profit educational institution in an arbitration win for client.
- Active in the firm’s pro bono cases.
Witkin Award for Excellence in Legal Ethics, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Witkin Award for Excellence in Election Law, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
2nd Place Brief, Moot Court National Championship, Houston, TX
Quarter-finalist Oral Argument, Moot Court National Championship, Houston, TX
Best Oral Advocate, Moot Court, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Honorable Mention for Best Brief, Moot Court, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
- Stanford University, B.A., 2008
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- California Supreme Court
- Defense Research Institute
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Hastings Environmental Law Association (Past Co-Vice President)
- California Water Law Symposium (Past Panel Co-Chair)
- Legal Advice and Referral Clinic (Past Volunteer)