Summer Conley assists clients in a variety of employee benefit areas, including qualified plan work, executive compensation, and health and welfare issues such as HIPAA, COBRA, Section 125 and health care reform. She has assisted many companies in their compliance with the HIPAA privacy and health care reform rules. Summer has experience drafting all types of plan documents, summary plan descriptions and employee communications as well as advising clients regarding establishing, changing and terminating benefit programs, and entering into benefits service agreements. Summer assists plan sponsors and fiduciaries in complying with ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code. She also advises plan service providers (e.g., RIAs, investment managers, record-keepers, broker-dealers, etc.) with respect to their ERISA obligations.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., Valedictorian, Pepperdine Law Review
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A.
- Western Benefits Conference, Program Committee (2011-2013)
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, Former Fringe Benefit Subcommittee, Junior Liaison
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries, Associated Professional Member
- Los Angeles Employee Benefits Group
- Western Pension & Benefits Conference, Los Angeles Chapter (Past President)