Elizabeth Christen focuses her practice on product liability, mass tort, commercial and professional negligence matters, concentrating on the defense of pharmaceutical, medical device and other highly regulated companies in state and federal courts. She has significant experience advising clients through all phases of litigation, including trials, depositions, mediations, settlements, motion practice and appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Elizabeth worked for an Illinois defense firm representing insurance companies, medical institutions, and health and legal professionals in malpractice lawsuits. In that capacity, she successfully first-chaired one bench trial and second-chaired eight jury trials. She also served as lead local counsel for a national manufacturer and retailer confronting multiple mass-tort class actions in the Northern District of Illinois.
During law school, Elizabeth earned awards for her legal writing and oral argument skills. She interned with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights and clerked for the Honorable Judge Elizabeth Budzinski in the Law Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Miami University, M.A., 2009, summa cum laude
- Miami University, B.A., 2006, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- Defense Research Institute
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois