Robert Cannuscio advises clients on all aspects of intellectual property law including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and trade dress. He concentrates his practice on both domestic and foreign prosecution, opposition practice, litigation, technology licensing (including software licensing) and client counseling including IP portfolio acquisition and development and product branding.
Rob spends considerable time counseling clients on how to protect their key technology, manage their portfolio, investigate product names and handle conflicts with competitors. Clients look to him as one of their key advisors. He is actively involved in mentoring associates and monitoring changes in intellectual property law.
In addition to his legal background, Rob has an extensive background in various technologies. He has been involved in patent and licensing matters related to mechanical and electromechanical devices, material and system processing, manufacturing operations, medical devices and procedures, computer and Internet technologies, and the design and manufacture of aircraft structures, propulsion systems and flight controls.
Rob also has 10 years of hands-on engineering experience with Fairchild Republic Company working on fixed-wing military aircraft, and Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation working on both civilian and military helicopters.
- Represented Legrand North America in its acquisition of Raritan, Inc.
- Represented Spectronics Corporation acquisition of H&I Manufacturing
- Represented Graham Partners in the acquisition of numerous portfolio companies
- Represented Urban Outfitters in acquisition of Vetri restaurants
- Represented Chelsea Building Products in patent litigation involving window frames
- Represented Urban Outfitters in various trademark enforcement actions worldwide
Intellectual Asset Management’s World Leading Patent Practitioners (2015-2016)
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Robert Cannuscio ‘does an excellent job. He is very knowledgeable, very efficient and he responds quickly,’ according to sources. He recently represented Globus Medical in its IPO.Chambers USA, 2013
Chambers USA, Pennsylvania, Intellectual Property (2005-2015)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Polytechnic Institute of New York, M.S.M.E., 1989
- Polytechnic Institute of New York, B.S.M.E., 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Armenian Bar Association (Past Board of Governors Trustee, Past Chairman)
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association (Past President)
- Benjamin Franklin Inn of Court (Past President)
- Pace University School of Law, Intellectual Property Law Society (Co-Founder)