Alexis Burgess represents clients in all aspects of a wide variety of complex civil and commercial litigation, including cases involving intellectual property infringement, privacy rights, defamation, data security, employment discrimination, entertainment law, environmental issues, insurance defense, and common law business disputes. Her experience encompasses class action and appellate matters in both state and federal court.
Prior to joining Drinker, Alexis investigated employment discrimination claims at the San Francisco field office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and navigated law and policy issues facing the wine industry in the office of the General Counsel for Wine Institute, the premier trade association representing California wineries and affiliates. She also helped research and draft the nation’s first Wine Law textbook.
Alexis is also a contributor to the firm's LaborSphere blog, which provides coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of employee benefits and labor issues. She serves as a member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2011, Berkeley Technology Law Journal; Berkeley Journal of Gender, Law, & Justice
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2008, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- LGBT Bar Association of Los Angeles