Thuy T. Bui focuses her practice on civil litigation, including products liability and general commercial litigation. She represents major pharmaceutical and medical device companies in federal and state court cases alleging personal injury related to prescription and over-the-counter medications and medical devices. Thuy also represents clients from various industries in cases alleging personal injury from exposure to asbestos-containing products. Thuy has represented financial institutions, retailers and individuals in cases involving breach of contract, intellectual property rights and property disputes.
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in personal injury suits relating to prescription antipsychotic medication in coordinated state court proceedings.
- Representation of valve manufacturer at trial alleging personal injury from asbestos exposure.
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in cases alleging birth defects from synthetic hormone.
- Representation of medical device manufacturer in cases involving surgical equipment.
- Representation of raw asbestos supplier in property damage suit seeking recovery of costs for removal of asbestos-containing materials in hundreds of state-owned buildings.
- Representation of brake manufacturer in asbestos personal injury suits.
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in personal injury suits involving over the counter cold medicine.
- Representation of chemical manufacturers in actions involving claims of injuries from alleged exposure to ethylene oxide, a gas used to sterilize medical equipment.
- Representation of a major tobacco company in a suit seeking to recover state-paid medical costs and civil penalties.
- New York
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1997
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1994
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York