Tarik Brooks represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, early-stage capital raises, ongoing compliance with federal securities laws and general business counseling.
During law school, Tarik was a quarterfinalist in the 2014 Judge James Hunter Moot Court Competition at Rutgers University School of Law, Camden. Tarik served as the 1L Representative and Vice President for the Black Law Students Association (BLSA), and represented Rutgers’ BLSA in the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition. He also organized a “Law and Order” program that informed and motivated undergraduate students at Cheyney University about pursuing a career in law. Tarik participated in the 2016 KIPP Career Day at KIPP DuBois Collegiate Academy in West Philadelphia.
- Represented a chemical company during a €300,000,000 bond offering.
- Represented a leading independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions, in the acquisition of a supplier of diagnostic test kits.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, J.D., 2014, Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 2008, summa cum laude
- Rutgers University School of Law, Black Law Students Association (Past Vice President)