Laura A. Brady focuses in the areas of insurance coverage litigation and advice. She has represented insurance company clients in federal and state trial and appellate courts throughout the country. Laura has extensive experience with matters involving personal and advertising injury liability coverage as well as substantial experience with appellate litigation.
Before joining Drinker Biddle in 1995, Laura completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable James H. Coleman, Jr., of the New Jersey Supreme Court. Prior to her clerkship, she worked as an associate in the Washington D.C. office of a global law firm and served as an assistant prosecutor in the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office.
Laura’s representation of clients in insurance coverage litigation matters has included numerous federal and state court appearances. She has appeared in trial courts both within and outside of New Jersey, and has argued before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Eighth Circuits and before various states’ appellate courts. In addition to those matters in which she presented argument, Laura has participated in the litigation of numerous federal- and state-court appeals and is admitted to practice before nine of the United States Courts of Appeals.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
- New Jersey
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1991, cum laude
- Williams College, B.A., 1988, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey