Henry N. Blanco White represents clients ranging from individual inventors to multinational corporations in a wide range of technologies, including electrical and mechanical engineering, optics, solid state physics, and Internet business methods before the U.S., U.K., and European Patent Offices and the World Intellectual Property Organization. He has nearly 30 years of experience in intellectual property law. Henry has been a United Kingdom chartered patent agent and a European patent attorney since 1981. He handles domestic and foreign patent prosecution in 45 countries on six continents, and has trial experience in EPO Oppositions and Appeals, patent litigation in the U.S.A., and licensing and other transactional matters.
Henry’s background as a Patent Attorney on both sides of the Atlantic enables him to offer his clients exceptional expertise in international practice. Because Henry is less dependent on foreign lawyers, he can advise rapidly, efficiently and accurately. He can help with portfolio planning, deciding what to file where to get the best and most cost-effective protection. He can help monitor foreign competitors’ filings and publications, both to obtain information and to avoid and defend litigation. When litigation is inevitable, he can help decide where and when to sue, including assessing differences in both substantive and procedural law that can make the choice of forum critical where rights are infringed upon in more than one jurisdiction.
- Chartered UK Patent Agent
- European Patent Atty
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude
- University of Cambridge, M.A., 1981
- University of Cambridge, B.A., Natural Sciences, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI)
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- American Bar Association, International Law Section