Andrea T. Best* advises clients on insurance regulatory compliance throughout the U.S. and works with insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries, brokers, trade associations and others in the insurance market. She is head of the firm’s London office.
Andrea actively monitors state insurance-related legislative and regulatory developments and works extensively with London, Bermuda and European insurance market participants regarding non-admitted insurance and reinsurance transactions in the U.S.
*Andrea’s practice is limited to advising clients on U.S. law, and she is not admitted to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Andrea has significant experience counseling clients on insurance regulatory and transactional matters. Her representative matters include:
- Assist insurers and brokers with state regulatory investigations.
- Handle insurer applications for surplus lines approval to NAIC and individual states.
- U.S. regulatory advice on acquisition/change of control of insurers and brokers.
- Formation of new U.S. insurance companies and intermediaries.
- Advise insurers on compliance with Affordable Care Act.
- Advise on U.S. group/master policy/trust arrangements.
- Counsel on regulatory issues arising in U.S. claims and coverage disputes.
- Assist insurers with group-wide sanctions and financial crime compliance.
- Advice on state and federal laws applicable to extended warranties and service contracts.
- Guidance on requirements for producer and claims adjuster licensing laws by state.
- Assist reinsurers in obtaining approvals to do cross-border business internationally.
Awards Methodology (www.drinkerbiddle.com/content/awards)
Andrea Best, partner and head of Drinker Biddle’s London office, was profiled as a part of the magazine’s feature on the Leading Women in Insurance.Reactions
- New Jersey
- New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2003
- Columbia University, B.A., 2000
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York Bar Association