Heather B. Abrigo has extensive experience in all aspects of employee benefits and especially in working alongside plan committees to fulfill their fiduciary duties. Her clients come to her for assistance with qualified and non-qualified retirement plans as well as health and welfare issues. Heather works with public sector employers and navigating their retirement plan issues as well as their retiree health plans. She assists with Department of Labor investigations and Internal Revenue Service audits. Her services include but are not limited to assisting plan sponsors meet their fiduciary responsibilities, reporting and disclosure matters, and drafting qualified, non-qualified and welfare benefit plan documents. Heather assists various service providers in the financial services sector with their service agreements and complying with disclosure requirements under ERISA and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Heather co-authored the 14th Edition of "Tools & Techniques of Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning" published by the National Underwriter Company. She is also a regular contributor to the 401(k) Advisor publication.
Heather has been a regular contributor to the California HR newsletter and a frequent speaker at California HR audiocasts and webinars. She is also a contributor to the firm's LaborSphere blog, which provides coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of employee benefits and labor issues.
American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
Chair of Conferences (2016–2017)
Vice Chair of National Conference (2014–2016)
Heather co-authored the 14th Edition of "Tools & Techniques of Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning" published by the National Underwriter Company.
- Southwestern Law School, J.D., 2005
- California State University, Northridge, B.A., 2000
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA)
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA), Associated Professional Mentor
- Western Pension & Benefits Conference, Los Angeles Chapter
- Annual Joint ASPPA and Western Pension Benefits Conference, Steering and Program Committees (Past Co-Chair, 2011-2012; Past Member, 2010)
- ASPPA National Conferences, Chair (2016-2018), Vice Chair (2014-2016)
- Western Benefits Conference, Committee (2016)