Drinker Biddle partners Mike Daly, Kate Deal, Matt Fedor and Meredith Slawe, of the firm’s Class Actions team, published an article in Practical Law discussing the privacy and security concerns that emerge as biometric technology becomes more common. Their article explores the following:
- Common definitions of biometrics;
- Typical commercial uses of biometric data;
- Enacted and proposed legislation governing the use of biometric data;
- Recently filed biometrics class actions and the future of this type of litigation; and
- Best practices for organizations to promote compliance, and minimize enforcement and litigation risk.
Click below to read “Biometrics Litigation: An Evolving Landscape” to gain an understanding of the risks involved with the use of biometric data and best practices that organizations can implement to avoid issues. If you have any questions or concerns regarding biometric data litigation, please contact, Mike Daly, Kate Deal, Matt Fedor, Meredith Slawe, or your usual Drinker Biddle Contact.