The Drinker Biddle Retirement Income Team brings together seasoned lawyers with diverse talents in multiple practice areas, including employee benefits, investment management, securities, insurance, income taxation and government relations, to provide one source to which financial services companies and plan sponsors can look for help in resolving complex legal issues that impact the design and sales of retirement income products and their selection for use in defined contribution plans.
Our newsletters address legal issues faced by retirement industry service providers ─ insurance companies, mutual funds, banks and trust companies, investment advisers, broker-dealers, third-party administrators and record-keepers ─ as well as by plan sponsors and fiduciaries. They also provide timely and valuable information regarding recent or expected regulatory developments and industry trends.
The Retirement Income Team can be most effective by focusing on the issues, developments and trends that impact you. Please let any member of the Team know if there is a matter relating to retirement income products or services that is of particular interest to you or if you have any comment or question regarding the information in our newsletters or on our website.
The newsletter contains articles on the following topics:
- Projecting Retirement Income
- NAIC Update: Spring 2013 Meeting
- Distribution Payments in “Guise”: An SEC Examination Priority
- Converting Defined Contribution Plan Benefits To Annuities Through Rollovers to a Defined Benefit Plan: Practical Considerations for Employers
- FINRA’s 2013 Regulatory and Examination Priorities Include Variable Annuity Sales Practice Issues
- Selecting an Annuity Provider: Part II
- Projections of Retirement Income
Click the Download PDF button below to access the newsletter..