Drinker Biddle alumni are accomplishing great things and effecting change throughout the world. Our alumni have forged diverse career paths and taken on interesting new adventures and personal challenges.
We are pleased to share with you some of the latest alumni news and moves from the past few months.
- On January 25, 2017, Ngozi Okorafor served as a panelist for the Illinois State Bar Association Standing Committee on Racial and Ethnic Minorities and the Law's program, "SCOTUS Opinion, Fair Housing Policies, and Housing Voucher Programs." The objective of the panel was to offer an overview of anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws regarding housing and property rights.
- Markita Morris-Louis, Senior Vice President of Community Affairs and General Counsel at Clarifi, was awarded the Social Mobility Innovator Award from the Greater Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal. She has led the efforts to expand Clarifi's Financial Empowerment Centers, which take a case-management approach to financial literacy as a means of poverty alleviation. She works with community stakeholders throughout the Delaware Valley to understand how to prioritize financial literacy and support innovation in how low-income individuals engage with their personal finances.
- Lee E. Miller, a professor of management at Seton Hall's Stillman School of Business and a premier trainer in the field of leadership, influencing and negotiating, will lead three half-day Strategic Influencing and Negotiating workshops in March at Seton Hall University’s School of Continuing Professional Education.
- Peter Adler was appointed by the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security to the Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee (DPIAC). Members provide advice at the request of the Secretary and the DHS Chief Privacy Officer on programmatic, policy, operational, administrative, and technological issues within the DHS related to personally identifiable information, data integrity, and other matters related to privacy and cybersecurity.
- John Glass joined Hahn & Hessen as an associate in the firm’s real estate practice group.
- Anita Cicero became Deputy Director and COO at the Center for Health Security at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in January.
- Antonia Scholz was named partner at Cheng Cohen LLC in January.
- Justin Linder was named General Counsel of Asembia in January. The company focuses on the specialty pharmacy segment and offers comprehensive hub services, pharmacy network management, group purchasing services, innovative technology platforms and more.
- Elizabeth Ryder was promoted to Executive Vice President and General Counsel at Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
- Noah Lauricella became partner at Goldenberg Law PLLC.
- Anthony Palumbo joined Chobani as Associate General Counsel.
- Earl Barnes joined Advocate Health Care as General Counsel and Senior Vice President on January 9, 2017.
- Theresa Lyons, Managing Partner of Lyons and Associates, P.C., was featured in the January 3, 2017 edition of NJBiz. Read the full article here. Theresa was also recently honored by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as one of the “Top 10 Best Female Attorneys” and named one of 2016’s Top 25 Leading Women Entrepreneurs in New Jersey.
- Larry D. Williams joined Thompson Hine LLP as an associate in January.
- Vinnie Montalto was promoted to Senior Litigation Counsel at BASF Corporation.
- Effective January 1, Jon Rosan opened his own law firm, Solutions Law Group, which provides a wide variety of legal services to small and mid-sized businesses capitalizing on his many years of in-house experience with venture capital and private equity-backed companies. Jon will continue to provide certain legal services to his former employer, Swift Capital.
- On January 1, 2017, Mary E. Bartkus joined Hughes Hubbard & Reed as Special Counsel.
- Tina M. Pidgeon, General Counsel, Senior Vice President of Governmental Affairs and Chief Compliance Officer at General Communications, Inc. (GCI), was named one of Cablefax Magazine’s 2016 “Most Powerful Women in Cable." The list honors women who are driving innovation at the companies where they work and for the cable industry as a whole. GCI is Alaska’s largest telecommunications provider.
- Saundra Fried joined the Chicago Department of Aviation as an attorney and Freedom of Information Officer in connection with the operation of O'Hare and Midway International Airports.
- Michael Homans was named chair of Flaster Greenberg’s litigation department in 2015.
Have you recently changed jobs, been promoted or honored with an award? Maybe you published a book or other work of authorship, got married or had a child or grandchild?
Share your accomplishments and any professional or personal news with your alumni community by emailing Abby.Raanan dbr.com. Send us your photos too, or tell us about another alumnus who might have an update to share so that we can contact them.