Chicago partner Doug Swill, chair of the Health Care Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Management Committee, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Center for Healthcare Innovation (CHI), a national, independent, non-profit research and educational institute that helps patients and providers increase their knowledge and understanding of the opportunities and challenges of maximizing health care value to improve health and quality of life.
Doug was invited to join the Board on account of his distinguished background, leadership, and expertise, and will serve a three-year term.
CHI encourages and enables meaningful and executable innovation that aims to address existing and ensuing healthcare dynamics through communication, education, training, symposia, reports, and research. Its objectives are to:
- Bring together key stakeholders to develop collaborative relationships to positively impact healthcare value;
- Increase understanding of the definition, framework, and metrics of healthcare value;
- Produce primary, impactful research focused specifically on the intersection and interplay of healthcare quality, access, and cost;
- Analyze fundamental drivers and trends of rapidly rising healthcare costs; and
- Identify and disseminate best practices for optimizing healthcare quality and access.