Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP has published its 2014 M&A Report, an overview of middle market transactions advised on by the firm. The report shows continued momentum, with the national M&A practice successfully closing more than 85 transactions with an aggregate value of over $9 billion.
“The corporate team advised on some of the largest deals in the history of our practice in 2014, including a $1.25 billion acquisition for Cott and numerous transactions over $500 million. A substantial majority of deals were focused on the middle market, the core of our M&A practice, and ranged in value from $10 - $250 million,” said Neil K. Haimm, chair of the Corporate and Securities Group. “The 2014 M&A Report demonstrates the breadth of experience and counsel we provide to strategic acquirers and sellers and private equity firms across a broad range of industries and transaction values. Our core focus remains a business-minded approach to problem solving and the relentless pursuit of quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and ultimate success for our clients.”
Featured representations included the following:
- Cott Corporation, a public company focused in the food and beverage industry, in its $1.25 billion acquisition of DS Services Holdings, Inc., a leading national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services.
- Enstar Group Limited, a Bermuda-based insurer, and Stone Point Capital, a financial services-focused private equity firm, in the $646 million acquisition of Torus Insurance Holdings Limited, a global specialty insurer.
- Ansell Limited, a global leader in protection solutions, in its $615 million acquisition of BarrierSafe Solutions International, a leading North American provider of single-use gloves, from Odyssey Investment Partners.
- Private equity firm Graham Partners in the $285 million sale of its portfolio company, National Diversified Sales, a supplier of residential and commercial drainage and irrigation products, to NORMA Group SE, a German public company.
- Merck’s Global Health Innovation Fund and Merck’s subsidiary Physicians Interactive, Inc., a leading provider of online and mobile clinical resources and solutions for healthcare providers, in connection with the acquisition of MedHelp, the world’s largest online health community and consumer health platform.
The 2014 M&A Report features buy-side and sell-side transactions in diverse industries such as health care and life sciences, manufacturing, information technology, consumer products and retail, insurance, education and financial services.
The full report can be read here.