It is predicted that by 2020 there will be tens of billions of Internet of Things (IoT) devices in use. Technology is enabling us to gather and use industrial, sensor and other data like never before. However, all the new data that is being generated by the IoT not only creates personal, societal and business opportunities, but also risks.
IoT data raises unique issues of data ownership, privacy and security. These unique characteristics have created new theories of liability for the creators and users of this data. Hear from leading plaintiffs, defendants, and a panel of judges regarding these new theories of liability and how to protect your company.
IoT data also creates unique information governance challenges. To meet these challenges, companies should leverage information governance, a comprehensive framework for maximizing the value of information while minimizing its risks. From legal to technological challenges, the risks and rewards of IoT are only beginning to be understood.
Place yourself at the forefront of the IoT revolution by attending this exciting new event from the Information Governance Initiative—the leading industry think tank.
Participants will explore the following topics (among others) during the 2016 IGI IoT Summit:
- Legal liability theories of IoT and how to defend against them
- Judicial roundtable of federal judges regarding legal IoT issues
- The Internet of Things: Why All the Excitement (and Why all the Worry?)
- IoT in Action: Stories from the front lines of the IoT revolution
- IoT and Information Governance: Understanding and attacking the business, technical and legal issues
- Information Ownership: Who has the rights?
- IoT and Privacy: Domestic and Global
- IoT and Security: Are we/will we ever be there?
- Ethical Implications of Big Data and IoT
View the Full Program Schedule
How Do I Attend?
Registration is now open for the IGI IoT Summit in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. The preconference will be held on December 11, followed by a two-day conference, December 12-13.
Because Drinker Biddle is a Founding Supporter of this event, a 20% discount will be applied at registration for clients and friends of the firm. No discount code is required.
View more information about the IGI IoT Summit.