Drinker Biddle partner Michael P. Daly presented The Knowledge Group’s LIVE webcast, "Understanding Article III Standing and Rule 23(b)(3) Certification: Latest Trends and Challenges."
As “no injury” class actions seeking solely statutory damages have become increasingly common, defendants have developed new ways to challenge their viability and certifiability. Join Michael P. Daly and other distinguished panelists for an in-depth discussion of the latest trends in defending such actions by invoking Article III and leveraging the requirements of Rule 23 and the Supreme Court’s recent class action jurisprudence.
- An overview of the predominance and superiority requirements
- The inferiority of “no injury” class actions seeking statutory damages
- Different procedural vehicles for challenging class action allegations
- Due Process as a guiding principle in opposing class certification
- Standing: Injuries in fact, injuries at law, and Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins
- Mootness: Offers of complete relief after Campbell-Ewald Co. v. Gomez
For more information about this event, please click here.