Drinker Biddle offered complimentary passes to join partners Laura H. Phillips and Meredith C. Slawe for The Knowledge Group’s LIVE webcast, Understanding FCC’s Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) Omnibus Declaratory Ruling: Navigating Compliance Issues and Challenges on Friday, January 22, 2016.
Date: Friday, January 22, 2016
Time: 10 a.m. - Noon Eastern
- Laura H. Phillips, Partner, Drinker Biddle
- Meredith C. Slawe, Partner, Drinker Biddle
- Nathaniel J. Hardy, Of Counsel, Marashlian & Donahue, PLLC
- Seth L. Williams, Attorney, Marashlian & Donahue, PLLC
On July 10, 2015, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released its TCPA Omnibus Declaratory Ruling and Order "to reiterate and simplify the relevant portions of the TCPA." The Ruling laid out a number of TCPA exemptions, reaffirmations, and new rules.
The business sector does not welcome the FCC's Ruling and it is clear that the new rules will adversely affect businesses using automatic telephone dialing technology. In light of these new TCPA requirements, companies using automated calls or texts to communicate with their clients must review their business practices to be able to dodge potential violations.
The panel of key thought leaders and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will offer a discussion of the fundamentals as well as updates regarding the latest and significant compliance issues surrounding FCC's new TCPA Ruling in this two-hour LIVE Webcast. The panel will also provide their expert opinions on how to avoid TCPA pitfalls, risk issues, and strict liabilities.
Key topics included:
- TCPA Omnibus Declaratory Ruling and Order – An Overview
- Consolidated Appeal: ACA International, et al. v. FCC and United States of America
- Compliance Risk Issues and Challenges
- Managing Compliance
- Regulatory Forecasts
For more information about this event, please click here.