Chicago partner David Sudzus spoke at the American Conference Institute’s (ACI) 20th Annual Drug and Medical Device Litigation Conference in a session titled, “Controlling the Effects of Social Media on Products Liability Litigation: Practical Tips for Drug and Device Manufacturers.”
Some highlights from David’s session include:
- FDA regulation of social media advertising/messaging by drug and medical device companies.
- Development of a duty to monitor social media for adverse events.
- Discoverability of social media evidence in litigation.
- Admissibility of social media evidence in litigation.
- General limitations, ethical and otherwise, on the use of social media in litigation.