On October 22, Philadelphia partner Mary Hansen spoke at CBI’s 6th Annual Internal Audit Summit.
Mary served as a moderator for the panel titled, “Recent Trends and Top Priorities – Discover the Latest Enforcement Activities and Areas of Oversight.” The panel discussed recent enforcement actions and the investigations of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice. Topics discussed include:
- Year in review and key areas of focus for life sciences companies;
- Insight into what needs to happen to make meaningful progress in building trust and the role IA can play in supporting the shift;
- Recent whistleblower activities and the impact on the organization;
- New initiatives aiding enforcement; and
- Utilization of inventive approaches to unearth fraud and regulatory abuse.
Mary was joined by Daniel Hawke, Former Chief of the Market Abuse Unit, Division of Enforcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Laura M.K. Cordova, Assistant Chief, Criminal Division, Fraud Section of the U.S. Department of Justice; and Joseph Mack, Deputy Chief, Health Care and Government Fraud Unit, District of New Jersey of the U.S. Department of Justice.